Digital marketing has become less of a possibility and more of a necessity for freelancers and small and medium-sized companies to boost their chances of success, reach their target audience and increase their online visibility. With the right digital marketing strategy, you can attract more customers, increase sales and achieve both profitability and growth.
When it comes to advertising for local businesses, it is crucial to make smart decisions. The same holds true for digital marketing efforts: it’s essential to get it right to see a real return. Some small businesses may be able to survive without a website, but neglecting the online world can ultimately hinder their success.
To keep up with the competition and reach new customers, many small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are turning to state-of-the-art digital tools like Kites, creating their own websites and digital solutions. If you’re interested in learning more about these powerful tools and how they can benefit your business, we’re here to help.
What is digital marketing and how should you use it?
Digitalization has revolutionized the way businesses compete by shrinking the gap between brands and consumers across the globe. Digital marketing comprises a range of tactics, strategies, activities and resources used to effectively communicate a brand’s message and increase its online visibility.
Non-conventional channels are utilized in digital marketing, providing a significant advantage in terms of result measurement. With big data, a greater understanding of your real and potential audience is obtained, resulting in valuable insights!
However, the challenge lies in the fact that all companies and professionals in your industry share the same objectives, in a market that is limited. Consequently, only one entity can occupy the top spot in a Google search, and every business aspires to be in that position.
What types of media are used in digital marketing?
You have to distinguish three areas of online activity. We recommend working in them all, but to different degrees of intensity, depending on the circumstances:
- Internally produced media. This consists of using your company’s own channels, including a blog, website, social media and newsletters.
- Means of payment. This is like conventional advertising but in the online environment. You pay a certain amount of money to advertise on the Internet, whether on Google or Facebook Ads, or through linkbuilding.
- Earned media. This is comparable to the publicity of yesteryear: they are appearances or positive mentions that we obtain unselfishly, thanks to our merits. It includes user ratings and opinions, recommendations on networks, mentions in the digital press and other people’s blogs, and so on.
What are the benefits of digital marketing for freelancers and SMEs?
If you want to know why you should invest and work on this type of marketing, these are the key reasons:
- You drive traffic towards your brand. For potential and current customers to know more about you, you need to be visible on search engines and in social media channels. If they don’t know you exist, it is as if you actually don’t
- Know your audience better. This information is basic: after all, the essence of marketing is to identify and satisfy consumer needs. You will expand your database with information that helps you better understand your target, as well as getting to like them.
- Sell more. This is the foundation for success and, as you are aware, the online market lacks physical barriers and boundaries.
- Increase customer numbers. You will attract new customers to your products or services, and you will increase the loyalty of the customers you already have.
What are some mobile marketing and other online activities?
There are many examples of interactive marketing and possible strategic activities. Here are the most important:
- Content creation based on keyword research.
- Offline and online SEO actions, such as generating links and optimizing loading speed.
- SEM campaigns in paid media.
- Social media: presence, communication and active listening in the appropriate channels.
- Mobile marketing: in other words, interacting with your customers through their mobile devices. WhatsApp messages and SMS are some of the main options.
- Customer subscriptions in ordero to build databases.
- Sending out newsletters, promotions and other personalized content by email, always avoiding a spam-like effect.
- Conception, development and implementation of an e-commerce strategy.
- Work on storytelling, which consists of connecting with the public by creating a story that is emotional and stimulating.
- Encourage storydoing, which is based on generating memorable experiences and experiences among audiences.
- Drive digital events and streaming to excite the audience and keep it engaged.
Website or no website? That is the question!
Freelancers and SMEs, not having a website is a missed opportunity. However, creating a sophisticated and complete website doesn’t always require a huge investment.
A landing page is a great option, particularly for a specific audience segment or a business with a single product. There are also simple web pages that can be very effective and appropriate.
Having a website is essential from the beginning, but it doesn’t have to be the most important one in the world.
Digital marketing programs consist of software and platforms that automate and simplify the performance of certain online marketing activities. Becoming familiar with them and learning how to use them can pave the way to greater success.
One of the most productive and effective is Kites. Do you want to make the most of mobile marketing? Create simple, yet highly effective and eye-catching landing pages using this sophisticated tool. You’ll do it fast and easy. It also allows you to compile and analyze metrics, enhance your events with QR codes and boost certain promotional actions digitally. The possibilities are spectacular and its use is totally intuitive.
As a result, Kites is revolutionizing digital marketing for freelancers, and small and medium-sized companies. It allows you to create a significant digital presence tailored to meet your needs, as well as starting up online activity with winning resources. Discover its features and attributes: make the change in quality that your business requires.